When The East Meets The West

Pasta Zanmai is a restaurant that serves japanese and western fusion food. When I first heard of this, I wasn't interested because I didn't really think that salmon or unagi could go well with pasta. As I had good experience at Sushi Zanmai (Pasta Zanmai and Sushi Zanmai are a chain of restaurants owned by SuperSushi Group), I wanted to give it a try.

The ambience was quite comfortable, as expected from a japanese restaurant. Just like Sushi Zanmai, you could enjoy the scenery of the chefs preparing dishes behind the glass wall.

My friend opted for Goma Soft Shell Crab (RM 23.00). You could choose set meal (RM 26.00) which includes a bowl of miso soup and salad. The crab was a bit overdid and the thick creamy sauce was a bit too salty. Overrall, the dish was acceptable. 3.25/5


I had Unagi Onsen Pizza (RM 26.00). It had crispy thin crust with unagi, seaweed and teriyaki sauce as toppings. You are suppose to break the partially cooked egg in the middle of the pizza so that the yellowish-orange yolk would spread around the pizza. I prefer to dip the pizza into the yolk before eating it. I gave this dish a thumb up!!! 4.5/5


I found Milky Green Tea (RM 8.00) was unexpectedly good as I'm not really fond of iced-blended green tea. The blended milk green tea was topped with sweet red bean paste and 'sinful' whipped cream. The milk flavor overpowered green tea flavor. This drink was excellent overrall. 3.75/5


If you would like to try unique and delectable food, I highly recommend Pasta Zanmai.


Location:
Pasta Zanmai,
F1.73, Sunway Pyramid Shopping Mall

0 comments:

Post a Comment