Sushi Zanmai~The Gardens

Ever since my client treated me to a Japanese restaurant, I couldn't forget the taste of fresh salmon sashimi. I'd been hunting for salmon sashimi since that day with the hope of eating salmon sashimi as good as the one which my client treated me.

Ok, enough with grandfather's story and focus on our topic. The restaurant had nice and cozy ambience. Yellow lighting in the restaurant made me feel very comfortable. However, the air-con wasn't cool enough and a little stuffy. There was a glass wall in the restaurant which you could watch the chefs make dishes. As the restaurant was full of customers, we had to wait for our food.

As we were too hungry, we took some sushi from the rotating sushi bar.

As one of unagi fans, I found this dish disappointing. The rice was topped with plain unagi making it quite tastless. (pink plate-RM 3.80) 1/5


The ebi sushi was just average. The prawn and rice roll were deeply fried. I usually would love ebi sushi but I didn't find this dish good enough. (red plate-RM 6.80) 1.5/5


This sushi was wrapped with seaweed and cucumber. It tasted too mild to me. (cream plate-RM 1.80) 1/5


Salmon sashimi (RM 6.80 per 3 slices) by itself is tasteless. However, when it is eaten with nitsume, shoyu (japanese soy sauce) and wasabi, it is simply delicious. The slices were thick enough and you could taste the freshness and sweetness of the meat in each slice. 4.25/5


Soft-shell crab maki (RM 6.80) was surprisingly good. The deeply fried soft-shell crab was wrapped with seaweed, gohan (sticky rice) and roe (fish eggs), a perfect combination. 4/5


Our next dish was saba teriyaki (RM 12.80). The grilled meat was soft and sweet, coated with teriyaki sauce. Not bad. 3/5


The grilled salmon teriyaki (RM 12.80) wasn't bad. The fish was smooth and tender and was grilled to perfection. A perfect combination with gohan (japanese rice). 3/5


Green tea -refillable (RM 2.00)


We were fortunate to dine in the restaurant just in time. When we left, there was a long queue waiting at the entrance.


If you're looking for a comfortable and affordable japanese meal, Sushi Zanmai is the place.


Location:
Sushi Zanmai
T-217 3rd Floor, The Gardens,
Midvalley City, Lingkaran Syed Putra.

2 comments:

My husband and I love sushi...and these pictures are making me hungry. Thanks for a great post!

 

Post a Comment